I've finished 3 weeks of school, and I have to say it's been the smoothest and calmest start EVER in 13 years. (And you should know that there are some real chaos generators in my life right now trying to move me off course.) What do I think has made the difference?
I'm glad you asked! I believe that all the journaling and creating and crying and soul searching and walking and meditating I did last year has made the difference. It was hard. It hurt. It was messy.
But the difference I'm experiencing is HUGE!
- I'm clear about what I need to be doing.
- I'm clear about what I don't need to be doing.
- I'm offering more grace to myself and people around me.
- I feel like I have more space and time and energy--can't explain this, but it's true.
- I'm keeping a reserve of energy which allows me to continue creating and deal with unexpected stressors. (I'm making some super cool prayer flags this weekend.)
- I'm listening to my heart and body more. (I went to bed at 9 pm twice this week.)
- It just seems so right and real (and still imperfect and messy.)
- It's absolutely AMAZING!
P.S. Forward this to EVERY Brave Teacher you know who could use this amazing sort of boost! They'll thank you!